Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stress

Yeah, getting kind of stressed about this whole job situation. I've had a couple of interviews with Kelsey's restaurant but I get the feeling they're just stringing me along now. Sue is bringing my resume to her HR chick today, they are looking for managers in Newmarket. Which could be pretty cool because I would make way more money, better hours and a half hour commute in which to wind down and sing before I get home.

When I was telling Jeff about the opportunity yesterday I realized something. Something that I already knew but really stood out because he was in a mood. Two things. He is always going to see the negative first. And he's pretty much always going to be in a mood.

Little miss positivity that I am, I really have no problem with that. I need someone who sees the other side of things -as I tend to miss the negative at first- and we usually start at different ends of the spectrum and meet somewhere in the middle. I guess I'm okay with him being in a mood most of the time as long as he gets over this bullshit of blaming me first.

The majority of arguments we have begin with him flipping out at me and me not able to figure out what the fuck is going on. Usually, though, it comes out that what is weighing on him is something entirely different than where he starts. I get that, the whole subconsciousness and all. I hope that he stops blaming me. But I guess that's just a pipe dream.

We'll figure it out. We have the important stuff, the base. The rest is going to take some work. But I don't doubt that we'll get there. And who wants easy, anyway?