Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Peace

It’s strange how different I feel when I’m in my own space. There’s a certain peace that comes over me, the same peace that I feel when I’m with Jeff. (I guess that’s how I knew I could live with him.)  It’s a comfort that I just can’t achieve when I’m in someone else’s home - even my own parent’s. No matter how much I appreciate someone’s generosity, no matter how much they try to make me feel welcome, there’s a part of me that will never quite settle.

Since I gave up my apartment and left BC almost exactly two years ago, I have lived with Debra and Andrew; Mom, Dad, Calvin and David; Mom and Calvin; Susan, her Jeff, Jaden, Rylan and Keyerah. Three homes, eleven people, 2 years, no peace.

Now I’m about to move in with Jeff. He isn’t going to make this easy on me. He’s a dick when he wants his own way and he’s a terror when he gets worked up over something. But he’s also the man I love more than anyone in the world. Even though sometimes I suspect he’ll be the death of me.

More on that later.