Thursday, September 29, 2011

In his defense

I wrote a few complainy posts the other day; however, in his defense, when I was lying in bed not feeling well yesterday, he came over and laid with me and held me. It was really nice and I appreciated it.

I know we'll get there. These are just little wrinkles in the fabric, they are not tears. To be honest, I can't see anything that would break us up now other than a major deal breaker (ie. infidelity or him saying "I don't want to be with you anymore").

From my perspective, we're together now. He is my forever man. I choose him and I want to spend my life with him. There will be bumps along the way, obviously. Especially at this point because we're still getting to know each other's little quirks and behaviours. But this is life. There's a lot of give and take. And we both have a lot to learn.

I think I'm pretty good at giving when it's something I want to give, I think I suck when I don't get my own way. But at least these days I keep my mouth shut about little silly things that I usually get over in moments.

I'm not very good at taking, either. Specifically when I have to ask for something. If it's exactly what I want and it's offered on a silver platter, we're all good. If it's not offered, I struggle and usually fuck up.

We're learning, we will get there. We already love each other deeply and enjoy being together. The rest will work itself out in time. (How awesome is that?)