Sunday, September 11, 2011

Snowballs

He told me he was only kidding and to not get all crusty about it. This is my reply to his reply. (I'm only recording it because I'm not sure about that last part but I couldn't make myself not put it in.)

"I know, I was just being a smart ass. It occurred to me later that I was getting pissy over her comment, not what you said. Pretty much the same way it bothered you when Patrick said he loved me. Although you and she are obviously in more contact than you previously let on. I guess that's just something I'm going to have to learn to live with... double standards and all. (And apparently I'm still being a little pissy. I hate feeling jealous but I am human.)"

Aaaaand he's pissed. Yeah, that was a stupid thing to say - why didn't you stop me? I knew I shouldn't say it, obviously, and I should have listened to that instinct. He said they are not in contact at all and that I was accusing him of being devious and lying. He said he broke up with her and she's hurting but he doesn't reply to her emails and texts so he expects it will die down in time. I had the same thing with Rob, the only difference is Jeff wasn't in my life then so it didn't matter the same way.

I should be nicer. I will. I'm trying.