Monday, November 21, 2011

Touched

The most important aspect of any romantic relationship for me is touch. I need it. It doesn't have to be constant sex, I'm not looking for constant cuddles or to be overwhelmed with someone constantly in my face. But touch. Just to sit there touching shoulders, to sleep with an arm around me, to be kissed and hugged. Touch.

I don't get touched much these days. Especially when he's doing his three day shift. He leaves before six, gets home after seven, goes to bed when I get up at about nine, gets up at noon and, although we sit together and watch tv usually, he is on the futon while I'm on the floor. Sometimes he gets down on the floor and fucks me. This week I was on my period so it was worse than most. So tonight he is off and comatose on the couch. He kissed me on my forehead a few hours ago. That's it. For the whole day.

Why is this bothering me today more than usual? It's not new. I guess I don't want to get used to it but I don't know how to communicate it to him, either. This sucks.