Saturday, February 11, 2012

The struggle

When I was looking at Tumblr earlier, I was shocked to see someone that I've always liked and care about making an abomination of a choice. And it brought to mind what Jeff said in his post the other day about condoning someone's behaviour with my silence. Obviously this isn't my choice and it's not my place to tell someone else what to do with their lives but holyfuckingjesuschrist. Cause and affect are completely obvious in this situation. And that makes me very very sad.

So, do I continue to silently condone? Or do I unfollow? Let's look at it this way: if I was going through a terrible hardship in my life and someone who had always supported me through my ups and downs was to walk away just because they didn't agree with something they really didn't know anything about, how would I feel? But if I sit here in silence and don't take even the smallest stand for what I deeply believe in, what does that say about me?